This policy was last updated in May 2018, it outlines your rights as a data subject – and our compliance with GDPR (effective 25 May 2018). We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
churchrunner (www.churchrunner.co.uk) is an umbrella group for Church running clubs – especially those involved with parkrun (www.parkrun.com). We charge no fees and are not in any way a commercial organisation.
What data we will collect
We collate and reproduce data already publically available via the parkrun websites – if you are an individual without a parkrun club membership, or a club membership that is not Church-associated we will only include you in our results by name with explicit written consent. However you may still be included within a Club’s numbers and scoring – but your personal data will be anonymised. If we produce other articles, for example runner profiles, we will seek your explicit consent before we do so.
Please be aware that when you participate in any sporting event, your results will be published on the organiser’s site and numerous other race results sites. In many cases photographs are posted with runners’ names and individuals are identified.
Many of our events have volunteer photographers videoing or photographing runners, for the benefit of the runners. These photographs or videos may be uploaded to our website for non-commercial purposes. We only publish photographs of junior runners (14 years and under) where parental permission has been obtained. If you would like us to remove a photograph from our website, please contact us.
Why we will collect it
- We will collect and process your parkrun Data for the purposes of administering your involvement in our events.
- We monitor numbers attending so we can score our ‘mob match events’.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are registered with us and with parkrun.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- To access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing;
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without first obtaining your explicit consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not publically-available parkrun Data.
Disclosing your data
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Deleting your data
We will delete all data concerning a user (including data collected from the parkrun platform), if the user asks us to do so. Such requests should be made using our contact form.
Accessing your data
You have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Such requests should be made using our contact form.